The list of the 100 best doctors in Spain, according to Forbes, includes Catalan professionals in 13 of the 26 medical specialties in the ranking.
For the sixth consecutive year, the magazine published the list of the best physicians selected for their outstanding performance in the field of research, teaching and assistance and who work in more than 60 private or public centers in the country.
The doctors on the list work in Catalan hospitals such as Vall d’Hebron, Quirónsalud Barcelona, Centro Médico Teknon and Clínic.
Forbes list of top physicians by specialty
Listed by specialty are the Catalan physicians from the different health institutions for which they work.
Medical Oncology and Radiation Therapy
- Josep Tabernero, head of Oncology and head of the Gastrointestinal Tumors Section of Medical Oncology at Vall d’Hebron.
- Javier Cortés, head of the Breast Cancer Program at the International Breast Cancer Center of Barcelona.
- Raymond Miralbell, medical director of the Quirónsalud Proton Therapy Center and director of the Teknon Oncology Institute.
Orthopedic surgery and Traumatology
- Ramon Cugat, director of the Cugat Institute, as well as co-director of Orthopedic Surgery and Traumatology at Quirónsalud.
- Pablo Clavel, head of Neurosurgery and Spine at the Dr. Clavel Institute of Hospital Quirónsalud Barcelona.
- Ferran Pellisé, head of the Spine Unit at Vall d’Hebron and director of the Spine Unit also at Quirónsalud.
- Amadeu Carceller, director of Ophthalmology at Hospital Quirónsalud and assistant of the Glaucoma Department at Vall d’Hebron.
- Elena Barraquer, associate medical director of the Barraquer Center, as well as president and executive director of the Barraquer Foundation.
Hemotherapy and Hematology
- Susana Rives Sola, head of the Leukemia and Lymphoma Unit of the Hematology and Oncology Department at Sant Joan de Déu.
- Francesc Bosch, director of the experimental hematology laboratory at Vall d’Hebron.
Other specialties on the Forbes list of top physicians
Antonio Berruezo, Director of the Department of Arrhythmias and Research at the Quirónsalud Teknon Heart Institute.
Xavier Ruyra, head of the Cardiac Surgery Department at the Quirónsalud Teknon Heart Institute.
General and digestive system surgery
Antonio de Lacy, surgeon at Clínica Rotger and director of the Instituto Quirúrgico Lacy.
Plastic, aesthetic and reconstructive surgery
Vicente Paloma, director of the plastic and cosmetic surgery team at the Dr. Paloma Institute of the Teknon Medical Center.
Laureano Molins, head of this specialty at the Clínic and Hospital Universitari Sagrat Cor.
Ángel Charte González, medical director of the MotoGP World Championship and head of Internal Medicine at the Hospital Universitari Dexeus.
Àngels Bayés, director of the Parkinson’s and Movement Disorders Unit at Teknon.
Héctor Boix, head of Pediatrics at Quirónsalud.
Antonio Alcaráz, head of Urology and Kidney Transplantation at Hospital Clínic.