If you like wines and their world in the Guardiola de Font-Rubí for 3 hours you can enjoy a great and exquisite visit. The world of wines and vineyards in Barcelona is magical. Visit a winery and take a wine tasting course near Barcelona to enjoy a unique day.
During the 3-hour tour you will learn about nature, as well as oenology or techniques for making and aging wines and practical viticulture and agronomic techniques applied to the cultivation of vines.
The Guardiola de Font-Rubí winery (Barcelona) is located in the privileged wine-growing area of Alt Penedés, just a few kilometers from Barcelona (thirty minutes by road).
Both the winery and the vineyards you will visit are privately and family owned and are located in the middle of the majestic nature.
Wines and vineyards in Barcelona in the middle of nature
The tour takes place during the season on Saturdays or Sundays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. depending on availability. The visit includes:
- A one-hour viticulture course in which you will take a walk through the vineyards to discover and learn about the soil, the type of climate and the life cycles.
- A 30-minute oenology course where you will learn about the different processes of winemaking and wine aging in the winery.
- The most delicious part will be the tasting of 4 wines produced in the winery and an appetizer of regional products. In the middle of this tasting you will receive the tasting course. The educational session lasts an hour and a half and is given by the winery’s winemaker.
- At the end of the visit you will receive a bottle of wine to take home. The gift is one bottle for every two people attending the tour.
- You will also be given a dossier that you can take home to continue practicing the tasting and continue learning to distinguish good wine.
The winery also offers you the possibility to stay for lunch on the farm and taste the exquisite grilled menu.
Guardiola Font-Rubí winery (Alt Penedès)
It is well known because it combines the knowledge of four generations in the production of exclusive high quality wines awarded in internationally recognized competitions.
The winery offers its visitors different activities aimed at transmitting and encouraging the culture and art of winemaking and wine tasting in an enjoyable and dynamic way. His tasting courses are well known in the world of wines and vineyards in Barcelona.
It offers tours with 4×4 and two-wheeled electric Segways through its vineyards, as well as weekend getaways in local hotels and other interesting business and educational activities.